1101 Montana Avenue, Suite D
Santa Monica, California 90403
Afshin Mozaffari - Mozaffari Law is a firm born out of a basic commitment to justice and human rights. Its founder, Afshin Mozaffari, has devoted his career to practicing in the area of civil rights and employment law and in protecting the rights of employees. Mr. Mozaffari has successfully represented employees in employment disputes, including those arising from wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, whistleblower retaliation, medical leave and accommodation law violations.
Mr. Mozaffari focuses his practice exclusively on employment law, representing employees only. He has successfully represented a wide range of employees, from executives and highly compensated professionals to hourly employees in industries including banking and finance, aerospace, technology, media, entertainment, advertising, manufacturing, education, legal, wireless, retail, and aerospace. Mr. Mozaffari’s extensive litigation experience encompasses representing employees in nearly all aspects of employment law, including, but not limited to, wrongful termination, whistleblower retaliation, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, constructive discharge, defamation, violations of the California Family & Medical Leave Act (“CFRA”), Violations of Federal Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”), reasonable accommodation of disability, wage & hour, and misclassification. Mr. Mozaffari personally handles or oversees every case that the firm takes on, from the initial intake stage through litigation.
Mr. Mozaffari began his legal career on the defense side, and quickly realized that it was a poor fit with his personal beliefs. After witnessing first-hand the devastating effects of workplace discrimination, harassment and retaliation on employees whose families depend on them, Mr. Mozaffari founded Mozaffari Law and devoted himself to the pursuit of justice for those workers who are subjected to unfair treatment in the workplace. Mr. Mozaffari’s early defense work provides key insight into the operations and tactics of corporate employers and their lawyers, such that he is able to quickly master the facts of a case and develop effective strategies for achieving the most successful outcome for his clients.
Mr. Mozaffari graduated magna cum laude from Whittier Law School, ranking 9th in his graduating class, where he served as Articles Editor on the Whittier Law Review, as an extern to the Honorable Ronald S.W. Lew of the United States District Court and as a certified law clerk in the Orange County District Attorney's Office. As a result, he developed a great foundation that has led to a commitment to quality and the art of courtroom advocacy.
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2018
- Top 40 Under 40 Attorneys (Employment Law), The National Advocates, 2018
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2017
- Top 40 Under 40 Attorneys (Employment Law), The National Advocates, 2017
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2016
- Top 40 Under 40 Attorneys (Employment Law), The National Advocates, 2016
- Top 40 Under 40 Attorneys (Employment Law), The National Advocates, 2015
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2015
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2014
- Speaker, Pars Equality Center, Fundamentals of Employment Law (2018)
- Speaker, California Polytechnic State University, Pomona, "Forced Arbitration And Employee Rights: Privatizing Our Justice System" (2018)
- Speaker, California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA), 30th Annual Employment Law Conference, “Discrimination: Law, Procedure, and Practice Tips” (2017)
- Speaker/Moderator, Los Angeles County Bar Association, "Nuts & Bolts of Labor & Employment Law" (2016)
- Speaker, California Employment Lawyers Association (2016)
- Speaker, California Polytechnic State University, Pomona (2015)
- Lecturer, Whittier Law School (2013)
- Moderator, California Employment Lawyers Association (2013)
- Speaker, Whittier Law School (2013)
- “When merely considering your rights can get you fired!,” CELA Voice (August 24, 2014)
- “Avoiding the impending catastrophe for 1.3 million long-term jobless Americans,” CELA Voice (December 23, 2013)
- “Subsidizing our food supply on the backs of the working class,” CELA Voice (August 15, 2013)
- “NSA's Warrantless Surveillance Controversy,” 31 Whittier L. Rev. 133 (2009)
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA)
- CELA VOICE Committee, Member
- Consumer Association Attorneys of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- The Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA), Labor and Employment Law Section:
- Saturday Seminar Committee, Member
- Barristers Section, Member
- Iranian American Bar Association - Los Angeles (IABA)
- Board of Directors
- Whittier College School of Law, Costa Mesa, California, J.D.
- Magna cum laude
- Editor of Law Review
- Dean’s List
- California Polytechnic State University, Pomona, California, B.A., Philosophy Law and Society